I had seen some of my friends talk about using cauliflower as a rice.. and I was a little nervous. See, I'm not a huge cauliflower fan.
But these were actually delicious!
I've been trying to create a new recipe for me weekly - which isn't easy, considering I have a four year old with a rare food disorder, and have to cook four separate meals most nights for my family. But with a little more time (and a lot more bribing of the kids to do other things so Mommy can experiment in the kitchen), I've been able to do quite a bit.
These are one of my favorites so far!
- Two full pepper shells (both the core and top of each removed)
- 1/4-1/3 head of cauliflower, diced in a food processor to rice texture
- 1/2 head of Broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup grass fed organic beef
- Black pepper, garlic, oregano, and pink Himalayan salt, to taste
Wash all vegetables thoroughly. Cook beef on stovetop until done.
Add all together in a medium sized bowl and mix well.
Scoop mixture into pepper shells.
Bake at 400 degrees for thirty minutes, and check to see if it's cooked well enough. If it needs to go back in, check every five minutes or so to make sure they don't burn.