I love vegetables.
I tolerate proteins.
But I miss carbs. Seriously. My digestive system is so messed up from not having them, I've been in a state of panic for a week and a half now.
I found this recipe on the whole new mom website. This woman is GOOD! I only tweaked a couple of things and they were SO good!
I was SO excited to have something besides veggies and protein!
- 2 1/2 cups uncooked oat bran (soak these first! I soaked mine with 1 Tbsp buckwheat flour, 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar, and the rest water - for 12+ hours.)
- 2 t baking powder
- 1-2 t salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 t vanilla extract
- 4 T coconut oil
- 1/4 chopped walnuts (optional)
2. Mix dry ingredients together and set aside.
3. Mix wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry and then add nuts if using.
5. Put into greased muffin tins (mini or regular size)..
6. Bake for 10-20 minutes until a knife comes out clean(ish).
This recipe makes about 10-12 regular muffins or about 40 mini muffins. I actually cut this recipe in half because I'm not going to eat too many in a day! :)