Ohhh yeah, this happened ;)
This was SO incredibly fast, easy, and SIMPLE! Just what this Mama needed today! ;)
Ok, what you need:
- 3/4 cup lean ground turkey (93%)
- 1/3 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1/3 cup summer squash, chopped
- 1/3 cup tomatoes, chopped
- Brown rice (you can cook as much as you'd like, but only measure out 1 yellow container for this dinner!)
- All purpose seasoning (in your nutrition guide)
- 1 tsp olive oil
Let me just add here: if you are making this for your family, you can feel free to double, triple, or even quadruple this recipe. Just make SURE you are eating your container amounts, and no snacking on any more ;)
Heat a little bit of water over medium heat in a medium saucepan. Add in veggies, and cover. Watch, stirring occassionally, until veggies are cooked, and remove from heat.
While veggies are cooking, heat olive oil in a wok or large saucepan. Cook turkey thoroughly, then add all purpose seasoning (to taste - I added about 1 - 2 tsp in this batch), and a little bit of water to prevent burning.
Cook rice (I cheat and get the quick cooking stuff - I know it's not as good for you, and I'll work towards the better stuff, but for now, this has to do) according to package directions.
Measure out your portions by container and eat!
Looking for more Fix-approved meals? I got you right here!