These are his results and his review :)
"So I did it. I made a giant leap in January and started P90X3. What did I have to lose? I was already grouchy, so things could only look up. When I left the military in 2006, I entered a tough physical job and put fitness on the back burner. If you bust your tail every day at work, what could you possibly gain from a thirty minute workout? I figured I'd give it a try since I had watched it transform my wife into a happier and healthier person. Maybe, just maybe, Amanda was on to something here.
|Day 1 to Day 90!|
Some of the workouts I quickly learned to love - there is so much variety you never get bored with a routine. I am partial to the upper body workouts (Incinerator, Eccentric Upper) but some of the cardio really grew on me too - like Agility and MMX. MMX is based in Mixed Martial Arts and it is awesome! I initially disliked Yoga but it really grew on me over time. Sixteen different workouts, not a dull day.
|Finally feeling great!|
The fitness plan alternates your workouts so you focus on a different muscle group each day doing some form of cardio, resistance, or power training. There are also core, flexibility, and balance workouts. I took chocolate Shakeology from the start and my appetite dropped by at least 1/3 per day and my cravings for junk food vanished. I didn't follow the meal plan or count my calorie intake. My meals were largely lean meat, vegetables/fruit, and good carbs.
|Day 1 to Day 90!|
So how does this P90X3 thing help? Why do this if you have a physical job? Good question - here's what I experienced:
- In the first month, I lost weight and build up muscle where I never had it before - in my chest, my core, my upper back, and my legs.
- I have battled severe plantar fasciitis and tendonitis for a few years but it's finally gone. Eating well, Shakeology, and the emphasis on stretching have actually helped my body strengthen rather then facing a new injury.
- Last year, I used to get winded and sometimes hurt my back chasing my toddler around. Now I not only keep up with him, but I also tire him out!
- Eating healthier and working out has really helped my immune system too. I can't remember feeling sick for long this winter and I dodged the flu completely.
- I have lost a total of 13 pounds and 4.5 inches and gained a confidence I never thought I'd have!
My summary: I work in a physical work environment so strength training and stretching has never been a priority - but man, it should have been! Losing weight and getting the nutrition my body needs has increased my energy level and greatly improved my attitude!"