Since my little one doesn't have to avoid gluten, I use my quick and easy bread recipe here. Just make sure it's about a day old, as it soaks up the batter more thoroughly that way (and won't fall apart as easily).
|Day old bread|
- 1 cup So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1/2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1/4 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp White Whole Wheat Flour (or any flour safe for your little one)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- About 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, for the pan
- Extra maple syrup & fruit, if desired
2. Cut two slices of safe day old bread, let it soak in the mixture for about 45 seconds on each side.
3. Heat coconut oil on low-medium heat in pan. When the pan is hot, add the bread slices. Cook for a few minutes on each side, watching closely to ensure it doesn't burn.
4. Serve with maple syrup and fresh fruit. If your child is a picky eater like mine, you can cut the bread into shapes using cookie cutters. It's all about presentation with my little one!
- Amanda :)